FPPN Community Representative
Representatives attend decision making committees.
- Represent the views of all members of the Network/Linkage Groups
- Bring issues relevant from the decision making body to the policy making arena.
- Meeting and reporting back to the linkage groups/ electoral colleges/ secretariat/ plenary on the outcomes of policy making meetings and issues being raised regularly.
- Attending and participating at all decision making bodies meeting.
- Taking direction from the Linkage group on the position they are to take on particular issues.
- Reporting to the Secretariat and Resource Worker from decision making body meeting.
The representatives can support the work of your group by:
- Bringing your concerns/issues to the Decision/Policy Making arena
- Feeding back to you at Linkage group meetings from their committees
- Any member of the Fingal Public Participation Network can be nominated to a decision making body representative position – once within the requirements for nominations from specific Electoral College.
- They will be assessed according to the criteria set out by the decision making body and Secretariat.
- Speak to the Resource Worker for more information.
- Fingal Public Participation Network members can serve on only one decision making body representative position and on the Secretariat.
- The first elections in FPPN took place at the County Plenary in April 2015.
- Going forward Linkage groups will be tasked with the responsibility for selecting and nominating their representative to the decision making body.
- All nominations and elected representatives will be presented to the Plenary and the secretariat for validation.
|Representative||Decision Making Committee||Area||Electoral College|
|Lorcan Blake||Arts SPC||Howth Malahide||Community & Voluntary|
|Okezie Emmanuel Emuaga||Economic SPC||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Odran Reid||Housing SPC||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Freda Hughes||Housing SPC||Castleknock/Mulhuddart||Social Inclusion|
|Myles Caulfield||Joint Policing Committee||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Rev. Kenneth Lindsay||Joint Policing Committee||Castleknock/Mulhuddart||Social Inclusion|
|Eamonn Price||Joint Policing Committee||Swords Balbriggan||Social Inclusion|
|Raymond Smyth||Joint Policing Committee||Castleknock Mulhuddart||Community & Voluntary|
|Maria Tormey||JPC & Secretariat||Castleknock/Mulhuddart||Environment|
|Alice Davis||LCDC||Swords Balbriggan||Social Inclusion|
|Marie O’Brien||LCDC||Howth Malahide||Environment|
|Tony Brennan||LCDC & Secretariat||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Greg Farrell||Planning SPC & Secretariat||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Kieran O’Neill||Planning SPC & Secretariat||Castleknock Mulhuddart||Environment|
|Adaku Ezeudo||Secretariat & LCDC||Castleknock Mulhuddart||Social Inclusion|
|Jakub Jura- Zajac||Secretariat||Swords Balbriggan||Social Inclusion|
|Ann Lynch||Secretariat||Swords Balbriggan||Environment|
|John McGrath||Secretariat||Castleknock Mulhuddart||Community & Voluntary|
|Peadar O’Kelly||Secretariat||Swords Balbriggan||Community/Voluntary|
|Bob Laird||Transport SPC||Swords Balbriggan||Community & Voluntary|
|Raymond Ryan||Transport SPC||Swords Balbriggan||Environment|
|Angela O’Flynn Bury||Water & Environment SPC||Howth Malahide||Environment|
|Charles Sargent||Water & Environment SPC||Howth/Malahide||Community/Voluntary|
|Jossy Akwuobi||Joint Policing Committee||Castleknock/Mulhuddart||Social Inclusion|
The Secretariat will call for nominations whenever positions become vacant or new ones created.
At present we:
- Joint Policing Committee – Community/ Voluntary
- Housing SPC – Environment
- Economic & Enterprise Development & Tourism – Environment
- Arts/ Culture and Community – Social Inclusion
A linkage group is a structure within the Fingal Public Participation Network of common interest groups who have the responsibility for electing representatives to decision making bodies and give direction to those representatives. Any member of FPPN can become a member of a Linkage Group. The Linkage Group is:
- Mechanism to enable organisations to shape the decision made by any structure of Fingal County Council that affect them
- Facilitate debate among common interest groups
- Develop positions on policies relevant to the work of Linkage group
- Nominate/ choose their representatives to the External Bodies
- Report on Linkage Group progress to Secretariat, internally within the linkage group, to other interested parties when required.
- Support the Fingal Public Participation Network Representative to the External Body – members will give direction to the Representative on the position they are to take on particular issues
- Facilitate the sharing of information with interested PPN members/ linkage group members from the External Committee
- Operate as a reference group on the all issues relating to the group
Click on the following for more information on the various Linkage Groups: