Arts Culture Heritage Community & Sport
Name of Representatives
Lorcan Blake – Community & Voluntary
Arun Gilles Rao – Community & Voluntary
Next Linkage Group Meeting
These meetings are open to all members of the PPN, for further information contact email@example.com.
Dates of previous Linkage Group Meetings
- 5th September 2017
- 13th June 2017
- 14th March 2017
- 6th December 2016
- 13th September 2016
Role of our FPPN Representatives
- Represent FPPN and be accountable to the FPPN membership
- Do not represent their own organisation
- Represent the views and take direction from members of the Arts Culture Heritage and Community linkage group
- Attend and participate at all Arts Culture Heritage and Community Strategic Policy Committee meetings.
- Bring issues to the Linkage Group, FPPN Plenary
- Report back to FPPN Plenary on issues being raised
- Report to the Secretariat and Resource Worker
Issues raised at Linkage Groups Meetings
- Requirement for greater interlinking of FCC services provided
- FCC effective communications strategy
- Facilitation to best understand existing policy
- Annual Budget for all policy areas in the SPC was requested by the member organisations present in order to better assess and evaluate expenditure against purpose, service and value
- Expend resources fairly and evenly across Fingal and to measure expenditure against effect and value for money going forward.
- Community sports facilities, such as the Bremore All Weather facility, where facilities are shared, on a commercial basis, be the sports facility model for the future.
- Financially support new Sports groups for 3 to 5 years Better recognition of water sports, park runs and walking groups in the Sports Strategy
- Increase effort to encourage children to take part in a variety of sports – sport ‘swaps’
- organisation, promotion, communication and leadership of heritage trails and the inter-linkages between trails was considered to be a priority
- Artist-in-residence Programme (ARP), under the Youth & Education Programme for art – schools need a follow up strategy when the programme finishes
- Emphasis on Arts for Older People – musicians, artists etc. – to form part of the Age Friendly Strategy.
- Libraries are resourced equally as is appropriate to the population of the catchment area.
- Policies/Plans should be reviewed annually – with input/feedback from the Community.
Purpose of Committee
Arts Culture Heritage Community SPC is a committee of Fingal County Council
- It is tasked to advise and to assist the Council to develop policy
- Final policy decisions will rest ultimately with the full Council
- System is intended to give Councillors and relevant sectoral interests an opportunity for full involvement in the policy-making process from the early stages
Issues considered by the SPC
- Development of the Arts, Culture, Heritage & Community Development SPC Work Plan
- Establishment of Swords Create Alliance – group of artists and art groups that are feeding into the Swords Civic Centre
- Establishment of Coiste Irish Language Committee
- Promotion of all Community Services – Library, Sports, Arts, Community, Heritage